Founded in 2008, OPTiMO is an experienced consulting firm specializing in world-class, enterprise-level application development, system integration and digital design. We support a client base spanning the public and private sector, and we strive for excellence both in our design work and in the service to our clients.
We are looking for a motivated and energetic UX/UI Designer who can help evolve our partners’ current products, as well as help conceive and iterate on upcoming products. This position will work in closely on a team with other designers, developers, and other staff and will have a direct impact on our company as we continue to grow.
OPTiMO is seeking to hire a UX/UI Designer with professional experience in the following areas:
- Facilitating the client’s product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Designing and delivering wireframes, user journeys, and mockups for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identifying design problems and devise elegant accessible solutions.
- Taking a user-centered design approach which includes testing and iterating upon designs.
- Collaborating with other team members and stakeholders.
- Minimum education/experience in interaction and visual design:
- Bachelor Degree + 0 years experience or,
- 3 years experience
- Strong visual designer with a great grasp of traditional design principles as well as a passion and understanding of the fundamentals of user experience.
- Ability to work with clients and internal stakeholders to understand requirements and design user experiences that meet their needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX design practices to design solutions, and a good understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Seek coaching and apply feedback from senior design members.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and technology while keeping up to date with latest trends and methodologies.
- Comfortable working within established style guidelines and technical limitations in order to create best in class design solutions.
- Online portfolio that demonstrates user-centered design solutions with strong visual and interaction design skills that includes mobile apps and responsive websites.
- Please note: Applicants without a portfolio or work examples will not be considered.
OPTiMO’s Equal Employment Opportunity policy does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. OPTiMO hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.