- Employing a user-centered design approach working closely with Business/Systems Analysts to validate or recommend design solutions that meet or exceed acceptance criteria.
- Design and deliver UX and UI deliverables throughout the entire phase of digital product development from low to high fidelity (eg. personas, journey maps, site maps, user flows, wireframes, static mockups, and clickable prototypes)
- Assist in execution of design decisions related to core, and new, functions and features while balancing user and business needs.
- Collaborate with project teams which include designers, developers, product, QA, and other stakeholders.
- Share industry knowledge, recommend refinements, and proactively work to improve internal design process and deliverables.
- Online portfolio that demonstrates user-centered design solutions with strong visual and interaction design skills that includes mobile apps and responsive websites.
- Please note: Applicants without a portfolio or work examples will not be considered.
- Minimum education/experience in interaction and visual design across a variety of digital media platforms:
- Masters Degree or,
- Bachelor Degree + 2 years’ experience or,
- 5 years’ experience
- Experience designing and prototyping using Adobe XD, Adobe CC, and other similar tools.
- Ability to present UX/UI designs and rationale to project team members.
- Demonstrated skills creating process flows, sitemaps, wireframes, prototypes and other UX deliverables within the constraints of established style guides.
- Knowledge of responsive design considerations.
- Expert knowledge of user interface design, information design, usability principles, visual and web design.
- Partner closely with developers, QA and business analyst to rapidly iterate on designs based on user feedback, tech constraints, and market dynamics.
- Understanding of user-centered design based on HCI, visual, or other design foundations and principles.
- Experience working as part of an Agile/SCRUM development team creating high usage digital products.
- Experience with, or knowledge of, the United States Web Design System, 18F Design Methods, IOS and Android design guidelines.
- Certification or training in Section 508 accessibility standards and testing (eg. DHS Trusted Tester Certification)