The Solutions Architect will be the overall technical lead for a multiyear data access modernization project and will work as a coequal leader with the Program Manager and Data Warehousing Architect to provide a compliant, functional, and performant product that meets the requirements of multiple stakeholders in a federal agency.
This is a lead-by-example role and will produce code and frameworks for others to emulate and use; the architect will be a trusted partner of both agency stakeholders and the solution delivery team. S/he is also fluent in cloud architecture concepts and communicating same to infrastructure teams, and will provide cross-functional subject matter expertise.
You’ll drive creation and modifications to the overall architecture, including identification of efficiencies and best practices, and analyze business needs to translate them to technical answers.
- 15 years of progressive technical responsibility, 10 of which as a developer or lead
- At least one experience in the past ten years of a cross-functional systems implementation in a federal agency (with a completed ATO)
- Thorough understanding of:
- Web services
- Security models, particularly for web services and APIs
- API strategies
- Cloud provider service models
- Polished communication and presentation skills via phone/video
- Influencing skills
- Risk evaluation and mitigation planning
- Detailed, actionable technical writing
- Open view of best-tools-for-the-job, versus a favorite-technology-first approach
- US Citizen or permanent resident, clearable
- Azure solutions implementation experience (beyond VMs and storage)
- Understanding of Azure services including PaaS offerings
- Office 365 development experience
- Data migration and modernization experience