- Employing a user-centered design approach working closely with Business/Systems Analysts to validate or recommend design solutions that meet or exceed acceptance criteria.
- Design and deliver UX and UI deliverables throughout the entire phase of digital product development from low to high fidelity (eg. personas, journey maps, site maps, user flows, wireframes, static mockups, and clickable prototypes)
- Determine and clearly articulate design decisions related to core, and new, functions and features while balancing user and business needs.
- Lead learning and ideation sessions with the design team, internal project teams, and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with project teams which include designers, developers, product, QA, and other stakeholders.
- Mentor peer designers and act as a peer leader on projects as required.
- Share industry knowledge, recommend refinements, and proactively work to improve internal design process and deliverables.
- Function as both an individual contributor who takes the necessary initiative to self-manage as well as member working within a collaborative team structure.
- Online portfolio that demonstrates user-centered design solutions with strong visual and interaction design skills that includes mobile apps and responsive websites.
- Please note: Applicants without a portfolio or work examples will not be considered.
- Minimum education/experience in interaction and visual design across a variety of digital media platforms:
- Masters Degree + 2 years experience or,
- Bachelor Degree + 4 years experience or,
- 7 years experience
- Experience designing and prototyping using Adobe XD, Adobe CC, and other similar tools.
- Ability to present UX/UI designs and rationale to internal and external stakeholders and project teams in a way that excites and engages stakeholders.
- Demonstrated skills creating process flows, sitemaps, wireframes, prototypes and other UX deliverables within the constraints of established style guides.
- Solid understanding of user-centered design based on HCI, visual, or other design foundations and principles.
- Knowledge of with responsive design, IOS and Android design guidelines.
- Expert knowledge of user interface design, information design, usability principles, visual and web design.
- Partner closely with developers, QA and business analyst to rapidly iterate on designs based on user feedback, tech constraints, and market dynamics.
- Experience working as part of an Agile/SCRUM development team creating high usage digital products.
- Experience with, or knowledge of, the United States Web Design System and 18F Design Methods.
- Certification or training in Section 508 accessibility standards and testing (eg. DHS Trusted Tester Certification)