Founded in 2008, OPTiMO is an experienced consulting firm specializing in world-class, enterprise-level application development, system integration and digital design. We support a client base spanning the public and private sector, and we strive for excellence both in our design work and in the service to our clients.
We are looking for an experienced, motivated and articulate Lead UX/UI Designer who can help evolve our partners’ current products, as well as help conceive and iterate on upcoming products. This position will work closely on a team with other designers, developers, and other staff and will have a direct impact on our company as we continue to grow.
OPTiMO is seeking to hire a Lead UX/UI Designer with demonstrated experience in the following areas.
- Translating business requirements, user research and insights into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive mobile and web user experiences.
- Mentoring other UX designers and act as a peer leader on projects as required
- Leading learning and ideation sessions with the design team, internal project teams, and external stakeholders.
- Sharing knowledge and helping to refine and improve the design team’s process and deliverables.
- Designing and delivering user journeys, flows, and wireframes for multiple devices and interfaces.
- Determining and articulating strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Employing a user-centered design approach, recommending testing scenarios and iterating your designs.
- Collaborating with project teams which include designers, developers, product, QA, and other stakeholders.
- Presenting UX/UI design solutions and rationale to internal and external stakeholders and project teams to excite and engage stakeholders in your work.
- Operating as both an individual contributor who takes the necessary initiative as well as working within a collaborative team structure.
- Minimum education/experience in interaction and visual design across a variety of digital media platforms:
- Masters Degree + 2 years experience or,
- Bachelor Degree + 4 years experience or,
- 7 years experience
- Comfortable with design and interactive tools such as Adobe XD, Adobe CC, and other similar tools such as Sketch and InVision.
- Demonstrated skills creating process flows, sitemaps, wireframes, prototypes and other UX deliverables.
- Solid understanding of user-centered design based on HCI, visual, or other design foundations and principles.
- Familiar with responsive design, IOS and Android design guidelines.
- Expert knowledge of user interface design, information design, usability principles, and web design.
- Partner closely with developers, QA and business analyst to rapidly iterate on designs based on user feedback, tech constraints, and market dynamics.
- Online portfolio that demonstrates user-centered design solutions with strong visual and interaction design skills that includes mobile apps and responsive websites.
- Please note: Applicants without a portfolio or work examples will not be considered.
OPTiMO’s Equal Employment Opportunity policy does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. OPTiMO hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.