Founded in 2008, OPTiMO is an experienced consulting firm specializing in world-class, enterprise-level application development, system integration and digital design. We support a client base spanning the public and private sector, and we strive for excellence both in our design work and in the service to our clients.
We are looking for an experienced, motivated, and articulate Lead Mobile UX/UI Designer who can help evolve our partners’ current products, as well as help conceive and iterate on upcoming products. This position will have extensive ownership over the user experience and user interface direction of current and future native mobile projects for our clients and will have a direct impact on our company as we continue to grow.
OPTiMO is seeking to hire a Lead Mobile UX/UI Designer with extensive mobile design experience as well as demonstrated experience with the following:
- Translating ideas and concepts into world class designs for native IOS and Android applications by crafting journey maps, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity mock-ups.
- Familiarity with executing user-centered design while following lean UX process best practices for interaction design throughout the design and development process that is mobile focused.
- Comfortable presenting designs and articulating design solution rationale to internal and external stakeholders in a way that engages and excites your audience.
- Collaborating with cross-functional and geographically disbursed teams (UX Designers, UX Researchers, Developers, Business Analysts, etc.) to create accessible, compelling visual designs of mobile and interactive experiences.
- Creating useful design documentation that communicates the design and specifications to developers.
- Minimum education + experience creating engaging UX and UI for native IOS and Android mobile applications:
- Masters Degree + 2 years experience or,
- Bachelor Degree + 4 years experience or,
- 7 years experience
- Previous experience working on large scale or enterprise level mobile application design experience is a plus.
- Thorough understanding of mobile platform and device requirements such as form factors, screen resolutions, pixel density and aspect ratios.
- Deep understanding of mobile app UX best practices as well familiarity with Material Design guidelines and Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines.
- Proficient with industry standard design and prototyping tools (XD, Adobe CC)
- A thorough understanding of the user experience design process and structured methodology.
- Online portfolio that demonstrates user-centered design solutions with strong visual and interaction design skills with a heavy focus on native mobile apps for both IOS and Android.
- Please note: Applicants without a portfolio or work examples will not be considered.
OPTiMO’s Equal Employment Opportunity policy does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. OPTiMO hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.