The Infrastructure Architect will be the infrastructure design and implementation lead for a multiyear data access modernization project and will work as a coequal leader with the Program Manager, Solutions Architect, and Data Warehousing Architect to provide a compliant, functional, and performant product that meets the requirements of multiple stakeholders in a federal agency.
The person in this role will produce clearly-documented, implementable designs; the architect will be a trusted partner of both agency stakeholders and the solution delivery team. S/he is also fluent in cloud architecture concepts and communicating same to infrastructure teams, and will provide cross-functional subject matter expertise.
You’ll drive creation and modifications to the overall architecture, including identification of efficiencies and best practices, and analyze solution needs to translate them to an effective supporting infrastructure.
- 15 years of progressive technical responsibility, 10 of which as a lead or equivalent
- At least one experience in the past ten years of a cross-functional systems implementation in a federal agency (with a completed ATO)
- Thorough understanding of:
- Security models, particularly for web services and APIs
- Cloud provider service models
- Separation of Duties
- Polished communication and presentation skills via phone/video
- Influencing skills
- Risk evaluation and mitigation planning
- Detailed, actionable technical writing
- US Citizen or permanent resident, clearable
- Azure infrastructure implementation experience (beyond VMs and storage)
- Understanding of Azure services including PaaS offerings (i.e. Power Platform)
- Data migration and modernization project experience
- Certification: Azure Solutions Architect Expert (AZ-303 and 304)