Founded in 2008, OPTiMO is an experienced consulting firm specializing in world-class, enterprise-level application development, system integration and digital design. We support a client base spanning the public and private sector, and we strive for excellence both in our design work and in the service to our clients.
The Front-End Developer will be responsible for creating graphic designs based on customer interactions and analysis of the customer websites, creating webpages with HTML/CSS, tweaking existing UI pages to address impacts of changed backend code and/or desired user flow changes, triaging and correcting browser compatibility issues.
- Developing new and enhancing existing UIs for Web applications
- Working closely with both our Java engineers and other UI designers
- Developing desktop, mobile, and wearable interfaces for high-volume websites
- Fixing bugs and problem-solving interactions to support UI designs
- Deep knowledge of cross-browser web development
- 4+ years of Web UX/UI development experience
- Experience translating flat design comps, wireframes, and interactive prototypes into production-ready code
- Expert-level HTML/CSS experience
- Experience with Dojo and jQuery UI
- Experience tweaking UI (HTML/CSS) in a Java JSP/Struts2/Spring framework
- Website design skills – particularly user flow/usability
- Multitasking skills
- Experience with version control software (SVN, git, etc.)
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Strong written and phone communication
- US Citizenship
- Experience participating in a 1.0 release of software
- Ability to see beyond the text of the requirement, to the motivations of the client
- Strong experience with data interchange formats (XML, JSON, etc.)
- Understanding of Section 508 accessibility requirements
Location: OPTiMO Office, Manassas, VA, and Contracting-Team Site in Herndon, VA.
For more information about our company visit us at: www.optimo-it.com