In this role, the Back-End Software Engineer will be joining a team with the US Postal Service. We’re a small team with big goals, so if you’re looking for a role where you can be a key player, make a big impact, and work with a fun team while you do it, then we would like to hear from you!
- You’re knowledgeable about networking and can explain how to tell when it’s not working as expected.
- You are passionate about intuitive and engaging user interfaces, as well as new/emerging concepts and techniques in web design
- You understand and enjoy working on the challenges of expanding beyond one machine, and how things change when you move from hundreds to thousands to millions of things/transactions/hits.
- You know what “big data” means and (just as importantly) doesn’t mean.
- You’ve built scalable products that would be characterized as one or more of: distributed services, e-commerce, and fault tolerance.
- You understand SQL beyond “SELECT \* FROM TABLE”.
- You can estimate levels of effort consistently, particularly in the context of comparing technical paths.
- You have the grit and patience necessary to help clients through fear and uncertainty to champion adoption of modern stacks.
- You design your code to be easily supportable and do this by listening to what your support team needs, so they don’t have your picture on a dartboard.
- You are proactive and self-driven in articulating and selling your team on your solution.
Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance. This requires five years of continuous residency in the United States, a background investigation, and a drug test.
Java 8/11; Spring; Tomcat (or WebSphere); React; Oracle/Postgres; Linux (mostly SuSE); Eclipse.
Subversion (moving to git); Docker; Artifactory; Jenkins; JUnit; Selenium; JMeter; VersionOne; ALM; ServiceNow. spring batch/spring framework
- 8-10 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Experience and understanding of one or more different agile methodologies, including Scrum, XP, or SAFe
- Capable of deep technical understanding and discussion of databases, software and service design, systems, and storage
OPTiMO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- spring batch / spring framework: 6 years (Preferred)
- Java: 6 years (Preferred)
- Selenium: 6 years (Preferred)
- JMeter: 6 years (Preferred)