The Android Mobile Application Developer position is seeking candidates to work in our Wilkes-Barre, PA or Bloomsburg, PA office.
Founded in 2008, OPTiMO is an experienced consulting firm specializing in world-class, enterprise-level application development, system integration and digital design. We support a client base spanning the public and private sector, and we strive for excellence both in our design work and in the service to our clients.
We are looking to add an experienced Android Developer to our team.
- Mobile web and mobile business applications development.
- Develop applications for Android 8+ (Oreo) devices including phone, tablet and/or apps universal for both.
- Experience developing in JDK for builds/features available in Android SDK 26+.
- Participate in the full life-cycle of application development including estimates of requirements, design, implementation, testing & remediation, documentation, trouble shooting and support.
- Knowledgeable of Android best practices in both hybrid and/or native mobile development.
- Able to work well in a consulting team on fast-paced, dynamic projects.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Work new app projects from inception to delivery as well as supported new enhancements, features and debugging of existing applications issues.
- Coordinate all aspects of project delivery along with the functional teams, vendors, partners and clients.
- At least 3 years of exclusive mobile app dev experience.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge with Google Play submission & review policies/procedures.
- Must have 1 or more apps available in Google Play today and be able to speak to those apps and roles held on those projects.
- Working Experience with third party and open source APIs and frameworks – HttpClient, Google Play, Firebase, etc.
- Experience with RESTful services integration utilizing JSON and/or XML.
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Full understanding of Android user interface designs and standards.
- Must have knowledge on OAuth2 authorization framework.
- Experience with MySQL Lite.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
- Agile/SCRUM methodology development experience.
- Experience with mobile payments APIs – such as Apple Pay, PayPal, and Masterpass.
- Complex mobile architectural and/or consulting experience.
- Experience with cloud computing services such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience integrating mobile analytics – Firebase, New Relic, Fabric.
- Experience delivering rich notifications using GCM.
- Experience with CI / CD using Jenkins or GitLab CI/CD, Docker, and Kubernetes.
Job Type: Full-time