Founded in 2008, OPTiMO is an experience consulting firm specializing in world-class, enterprise-level application development, system integration and digital design. We support a client base spanning the public and private sector, and we strive for excellence both in our design work and in the service to our clients.
OPTiMO is seeking a highly skilled design leader to mentor, coach and oversee our team of digital design professionals. The Digital Design Manager will serve to inspire, lead, direct, manage and train team members by leveraging the knowledge and experience they have gained while leading teams to design solutions for the modern transactional web and mobile applications of Fortune 500 companies.
As a Digital Design Manager you take a servant-leader approach to managing staff by ensuring your team has the tools, knowledge and training they need to provide world class digital solutions. You can effectively move across multiple projects providing the right amount of direction, oversight and individual contribution to ensure repeatable success. You have led and individually contributed to real projects in the responsive web and mobile space which thousands (or millions) use daily to make their lives easier. You believe strongly that a human-centered design process which includes user research, prototyping and iterative design and development can exist, and thrive, in an Agile, SCRUM based environment.
As a working leader you can estimate your work, and the work of your team, accurately and with confidence. You are equally skilled at directing the efforts of others as you are designing useable and useful experiences with attractive modern interfaces. Your ability to persuasively communicate ideas and design decision rationale to clients, peers and subordinates is second only to your ability to create excitement and consensus for acceptance of those ideas.
Your experience will be leveraged to continually evaluate team performance, identify opportunities for improvement and manage that improvement through to realization. You hold your team accountable but ultimately believe the responsibility for delivering best-in-class digital design solutions to your client rests with you.
If this sounds like you and you’re ready to lead a team that will improve the digital lives of people though great user experiences, join us!
- Minimum of 4 years experience managing a design team of at least 4 UX/UI/IxD designers
- Minimum Education and experience in related field of study and similar position
- Masters Degree + 6 years experience
- Bachelor Degree + 8 years experience
- A strong portfolio of work that demonstrates ability to lead effective user-centered solutions and illustrates use of a wide range of design artifacts across the UX/UI design spectrum
- Exceptional communication skills; ability to listen, provide feedback, inspire and mentor team members
- Ability to persuasively present design solutions to cross-functional internal and external audiences to generate excitement and consensus
- Demonstrated ability across a range of design disciplines to include Product Design, Information Architecture (IA), User Experience (UX), User Interface (UI), and Interaction Design (IxD)
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- A thorough understanding of User Centered Design Principles and application of the design process in a Scrum or Design Sprint framework
- Ability to evaluate, manage and assign resources to projects based on required skill mix
- Demonstrated success managing a cross functional design team through the entire digital product design lifecycle from concept to launch for enterprise level or large-audience consumer facing transactional experiences (1 million users+)
- Experience planning, executing and implementing user research methodologies and practices
- Familiarity with Federal Usability Standards and 508 Accessibility Compliance
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent Benefits
- Paid Vacation Time